[omniORB] RefCountServantBase Question

Brian Neal bgneal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:44:57 GMT 2006

This may not be an omniORB specific question, but it tangentially is
if you consider migration strategies...

Anyway, I have some code that runs under omniORB 4.0.6 that uses
RefCountServantBase.

It's my understanding that in a recent change to the C++ mapping, the
powers that be changed RefCountServantBase. It no longer inherits from
PortableServer::ServantBase, and it just becomes an empty struct.

I take it this going to bust my code when I upgrade to 4.0.7 (or newer)?

I also think that they changed ServantBase, making reference counting
mandatory and built-in.

So what are the migration options? When I upgrade is it a simple
matter to replace RefCountServantBase with ServantBase in my code? And
how does this new Servant_var fit in?

Thanks,
BN