[omniORB] Assertion using omniORBpy-3.0

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 22 15:48:32 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 19 December, "Jan Ohlenburg" wrote:

> it crashes at the same location from my point of view, but anyway attached
> you can find the dump. What do you mean by stringified version of the object
> reference? The IOR? If yes, here it is:

Well, the IOR doesn't cause any problems for me, so it's not that it's
invalid in a way that makes omniORB blow up. What exactly is the code
that causes the error, on both sides?

Did you compile omniORB and omniORBpy yourself, or did you use a
pre-compiled binary?  If you compiled it, which compiler did you use,
and how did you configure things?  Which Python version?

Are you able to write a simple C++ client using omniORB to see if that
works, to pin down whether it's an issue in omniORBpy or the omniORB
core?