[omniORB] Problem with SocketCollection::Select() method

souchaud souchaud at labri.fr
Mon Dec 18 15:39:32 GMT 2006

Hello,

when I launched my programm on a cluster and if I use more than 50
nodes, my application crashes sometimes and the following error appear :

$ mpirun -np 76 -x bench_redcorba_grid -ORBInitRef  ...
buffer size (MB) = 121.765
redist time (ms) = 3533.69
omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
 file: SocketCollection.cc
 line: 475
 info: index < pd_pollfd_n
omniORB: Unexpected exception caught by giopRendezvouser
omniORB: Unrecoverable error for this endpoint:
giop:tcp:192.168.133.10:41480, it will no longer be serviced.

so I added the following lines before the ASSERT in the
SocketCollection::Select() method :
  if(index >= pd_pollfd_n)
    std::cerr << "idx:" << index << " fd_n:" << pd_pollfd_n << " count:"
<< count << std::endl;
  OMNIORB_ASSERT(index < pd_pollfd_n);

Now, when the error occurs I get this message :
  idx:65 fd_n:65 count:1
  omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
or :
  idx:68 fd_n:68 count:1
  omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application

I don't know why it crashes.
I'am using omniORB4.1-rc2, on linux (machines : opteron, xeon) and
launch my programm with lam.

Thanks,
Mathieu Souchaud