[omniORB] eg2_impl.exe is crash in Cygwin (omniORB410, omniORB407)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Aug 20 21:53:36 BST 2006

On Monday 14 August, "Che, Joe" wrote:

> I am doing a port of omniORG 410 to Cygwin (WindowsXP). I am using the
> gcc 3.4.4 from Cygwin and I am able to compile every things using
> x86_nt_4.0_migw.mk and migw.mk with some modification. When I try to
> execute the eg2_impl.exe and eg2_clt.exe. The eg2_impl.exe is core dump
> when eg2_clt.exe is calling orb->destroy(). So I try to set break point
> using eclipse CDT with the Cygwin gdb and now the eg2_impl.exe is never
> crashed. But when I execute eg2_impl.exe under Cygwin shell, it is
> always crashed. Did any one can help me to find out what is the problem?
> Thanks in advance.  (Note: I also go back to port omniORB 407 and also
> having the same crash :-(.

If the server crashes when the client cleans up, it almost certainly
means that the C++ exception handling is broken, since the client going
away causes an exception in the server that should be handled. If the
server dies, that's a sign the exception was not caught. Perhaps the
Cygwin gcc was not configured with --enable-threads?

I think you should ask about it on a cygwin group.