[omniORB] omniORB build on 64bit platform - patch

Lichszteld,Roman Roman.Lichszteld at bronermetals.com
Tue Aug 1 16:45:56 BST 2006

Hi all,

Eventually I managed to fix my problem with omnicpp crashing during
compilation of idl files.

It was caused by pair of functions index/rindex in file 'cccp.c' - on 64-bit
platform they seem not to work properly...
I replaced them with recommended strchr/strrchr and now it works fine!

Here is a relevant fragment of man page:

  The functions index() and rindex() are declared only in <strings.h>.
  They are provided solely for portability of BSD applications, and are
  not recommended for new applications where portability is important.
  For portable applications, use <string.h>, strchr(), and strrchr()
  instead.

I have attached a patch to fix that problem (tested on HP-UX 11.23 Itanium
with HP aC++/ANSI C B3910B A.06.10 [Mar 22 2006] compiler.)

Regards

Roman