[omniORB] search for tutorial

Okeefe, Michael K MOKEEFE at amfam.com
Tue May 24 17:42:27 BST 2005

"I search a tutorial where is described step by step how do I use
omniORB to
connect, search context in namingservice get objects and release them. "

There is Duncan's tic-tac-toe tutorial in Python.  This is a complete
application, client & server and provides a good framework to use as a
reference.

http://www.grisby.org/presentations/py10tut.pdf

"At the moment I use a program which runs with W2K but I can not run it
at
WinXP. Are there any problems known using WinXP? "

Why?  I run in both 2K and XP... Check the e-mail list, readmes & FAQ
for your issue:
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&as_sitesearch=omniorb-suppor
t.com

"Which settings I have to do to install omniORB and omniORBpy in the
right
way? Is There a tutorial for doing that?"

There is quite detailed documentation with examples.  In English..

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni40/omniORB/

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omnipy2/omniORBpy/

I search a tutorial where is described step by step how do I use omniORB
connect, search context in namingservice get objects and release them.
If there is a tutorial using omniORBpy I will be very very happy.

At the moment I use a program which runs with W2K but I can not run it
at
WinXP. Are there any problems known using WinXP?

Which settings I have to do to install omniORB and omniORBpy in the
right
way? Is There a tutorial for doing that?

I can read tutorials in english and german. I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance, Birgit