[omniORB] C++ to Pascal?

Gavin Uttley guttley at iess.co.uk
Mon May 23 11:26:36 BST 2005

Hi Luke,

Im not fully clued in on the problems with visibroker, as a contractor
was hired with CORBA experience to implement what we needed and i was
just told that it didnt work fully.
But i dont know for example the code produced by idl2pas wouldnt compile
for mulitple reasons, although this is of course fixable, their were
other reasons to do with servant implementations producing very odd
behaviour evan with a very simple 1 method IDL and very simple code,
much like the echo exmple.

What im currently look at is just formatting the objects i recieve via
corba to simple types i can pass to delphi since these methods are not
speed dependant, the methods that are, for controlling a camera for
example, just need to pass a single word.

gav.

Luke Deller wrote:

>Hi Gav,
>
>I understood that Visibroker has full support for Delphi; in what way does the support seem lacking for you?  I would imagine that this is your best option for using CORBA from Delphi.  (Of course, a Delphi+Visibroker client should be able to communicate with an omniORB server (or vice versa) using CORBA).
>
>If you can't use omniORB's C++ stubs from delphi, then you'll have similar troubles trying to use the omniORB DLL because its interface involves C++ classes rather than simple C-style functions.
>
>Regards,
>Luke.

This message has been sent from Initial Electronic Security Systems Ltd.

Initial Electronic Security Systems
Shadsworth Road
Blackburn
BB1 2PR
United Kingdom
Tel +44(0) 1254 688688

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential
and are intended for the use of the addressee only. If you
are not the addressee you should not copy or use them for
any purpose, nor disclose their contents to anyone else.
If you believe you have received this e-mail by mistake please
notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (0) 1254 688688.