[omniORB] C++ to Pascal?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Sun May 22 23:44:04 BST 2005

Gavin Uttley wrote:
> With Omni being DLL based is it not possible to just use the DLL's
> and convert the stubs to delphi?, i did notice that you carnt use any
> other compiler than VC++ in windows, but i assume this is because of the
> lib file formats being different? ie VC++ COFF and CBuilder MOF?

I doubt that this is possible - the general problem with C++ is that the
standard lacks a binary layout spec - that's basically the reason for
the restrictions you have in calling C++ objects. I know that there is
work done in that field - the assigned acronym is ABI - but I don't know
how far that goes and if it helps yuo.

But what is well defined is C, and you should be able to call it from
delphi. And there is a CORBA->C mapping. So maybe chosing an ORB
implementing the C mapping and then calling DLLs from delphi might suit
your needs?

Diez