[omniORB] Re: omniORBpy: Problem with IDL string type and iso-8859 encoding ...

mcharest at sogetel.net mcharest at sogetel.net
Thu May 19 13:26:49 BST 2005

Hi Gary Duzan and all,

* I believe I have found my problem!

* There is no problem with ISO-8859 encoding for omniORB.

* I seem to have a problem with reading French text from a Tk
entry widget.  The widget seems to corrupt my string and provokes
the CORBA BAD_PARAM exception when I send it over the CORBA bus.

* I confirmed that omniORB was clear when by-passing my GUI and
sent French text directly as a CORBA call.

* Sorry for the false alarm...  thank you for your suggestions nonetheless!

Regards,
Michel

Message: 2