[omniORB] java / idlj + omniOrb 4: Connection refused

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Tue May 17 08:57:03 BST 2005

Hi all;

mainly being new to omniORB, I am working to create a distributed application consisting of components made of Python and Java, but  so far I am failing to make the components written in Java connect to the omniNames server, getting something like "connection refused for 127.0.0.1, port 900".

By now, I've read through the omniORB FAQ and changed the configuration to enable the SUN bootstrap mechanisms as well as providing port 900 for connections, but it's still not working. Is there something I am still missing or overlooking so far?

System:
Debian unstable
omniORB 4
Java JDK 1.5.0