[omniORB] omnithread inside pthread

Julien Teisseire zzteisseire at echo.fr
Thu May 12 18:58:32 BST 2005

Hi all,
I am trying to use omni_tread inside an already created pthread.
When omni_thread leave, program is simply killed.

I am trying to know if a thread can be created inside a thread ...
To be more precise, the process leave when memory allocated for
omni_thread is released.

See here the mechanism :

main
-- pthread_create
	--- create omni_thread pointer
	--- make new on pointer for creating object and run ->start()
		--- do things inside omni_thread
		--- leave
	--- ok, omni_thread leaved
	--- leave pthread
-- SIG_KILL !!
NEVER return to main

I tryed to insert "delete omni_thread" before leaving pthread, and
SIG_KILL came just on memory de-allocation.

When the omni_thread is de-allocated, program stops...

Thank you all !
Julien