[omniORB] SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL and in-process calls

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon May 9 11:52:46 BST 2005

On Sunday 8 May, Alex Tingle wrote:

> Do in-process calls violate the POA SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL?
>
> As I understand it, there should only ever be one active incoming
> method invocation in a SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL POA. However this rule
> doesn't seem to be obeyed when the call comes from inside the same
> process.

In process calls certainly should obey the single thread model. Look at
the use of pd_call_lock in poa.cc. Note that recursive calls are
permitted, though, so you can't deadlock against yourself doing purely
local calls. (You can still deadlock if you call out of process, and the
other process calls back in, though).

What makes you think it's not working?