[omniORB] Problem with typedef of sequence

Frederico Faria fred_faria at yahoo.com.br
Wed Mar 16 17:31:42 GMT 2005

Hi,

 I have had problems to compile some idl stub/skel
files with Omni. It seems that the erros arise because
the use of typedef of sequence. Below I am sending:

  1. The piece of code that cause the error (
JobMgr.cpp generated by omniidl compiler )
  2. The output of gcc compiler
  3. Pieces of types.idl where the sequence is defined
  4. pieces of JobMgr.idl where the sequence type is
referenced

 could Somebody tell me if the problem is due to the
use of "typedef of sequence" ?

Thank you,

Frederico Faria

 There are 2 idl files ( see at end of email ). The
JobMgr.idl uses the types defined at Types.idl.

 When I try to compile the  JobMgr.cpp done  by idl
compiler the compiler ( g++ (GCC) 3.4.2 on solaris 9 )
claims:

  JobMgr.cc source ( produced by omniidl compiler ):
    TINC::tincSeq_var arg_0_;
    TINC::tincSeq* arg_0;
    TINC::recordSeq_var arg_1_;
    TINC::recordSeq* arg_1;
    CORBA::Long result;

 g++ (GCC) 3.4.2 - compiler errors

 JobMgr.cpp:139: error: using-declaration for non-
                    member at class scope
 JobMgr.cpp:139: error: expected `;' before "arg_0_"
 JobMgr.cpp:140: error: using-declaration for non-
             member at class scope
 JobMgr.cpp:140: error: expected `;' before '*' token
 JobMgr.cpp:141: error: using-declaration for non-
             member at class scope
 JobMgr.cpp:141: error: expected `;' before "arg_1_"

   types.idl  :
         typedef sequence<tincSeq> recordSeq;

   JobMgr.idl: uses the recordSeq as parameter
         interface JobMgr
         {
           long getJobListings(inout tincSeq pSeq,
              inout recordSeq rSeq)
            raises (Pi_exception);
            long getJobStats(inout tincSeq pSeq, inout
recordSeq rSeq)  raises (Pi_exception);
          }

Yahoo! Mail - Com 250MB de espaço. Abra sua conta! http://mail.yahoo.com.br/