[omniORB] OmniOrb 4.0.3 and Python

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Mar 8 17:31:52 GMT 2005

On Friday 4 March, "Marco Freschi" wrote:

> But which is the minimum package to be installed in the development machine.
> I saw the packages omnipython that it is a subset of Python but also
> omniORBpy. My intention is to create a sort of minimum unique package (in
> order to work with OmniOrb) to be used in all the machines without taking
> care of Python.

omniORBpy is a version of omniORB for Python. i.e. if you want to write
your applications in Python. You don't, so you don't need it.

The easiest thing these days is to do a full install of Python from
www.python.org on your development machine. If you really really don't
want to install a full Python, you can probably use the omnipython
subset.