[omniORB] Need help on notifd.cfg properties

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Mon Mar 7 19:06:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

Once again I try to fine tune my notifd daemon regarding message
delivery speed and memory consumption.

Can someone help me understand some properties?

# notifd may split the filter evaluation processing in two stages. In

# this case, a second thread pool is used for evaluating proxy-level

# filters.  The size of the pool is controled by the following

NumProxyThreads                     0

Is that mean that when set to 0 no filtering is done on the notifd side
?

Are the following properties supported by omniNotify 2.0beta or 2.1

Timeout                         0

PacingInterval                0

MaximumBatchSize       1

If the answer to the previous question is yes:

-          Do setting timeout to 0 prevents the garbage collector from
destroying events to be garnaged otherwise?

-          If I set PacingInterval to 1000 and MaximumBatchSize to 8,
does it means that if only 1 event is pushed, consumers must wait for
1000 seconds to get this event ?

Thanks

FredP

                              (