[omniORB] RE: omniORB-list Digest, Vol 23, Issue 8

Srinivasan, Rajagopalan (GE Healthcare) Rajagopalan.Srinivasan at ge.com
Mon Mar 7 03:58:33 GMT 2005

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:23:15 +0100
> From: "Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at web.de>
> Subject: Re: [omniORB] omniorbPY
> To: omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com
>
> > My target system did not have omniorbpy. I downloaded omniorbpy2.5.
> > configured with prefix=/tmp/omniORB did a make and then
> > make install.
> >
> > I moved entire dir tree from /tmp/omniORB to my target system under
> > /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
>
> This looks smelly to me - in general, it's a bad idea to move
> prefixed libs
> somewhere else. Why didn't you try things out after install -
> that should
> have sufficed. Of course then you should have chosen a
> different prefix,
> like /usr/local or /opt/omniORB.
>
> Diez

i was afraid of that. on the machine where i built it and did a make install, everything worked just fine.

(one of my earlier attempts i did exactly as you have suggested /usr/local)

the real problem i am trying to address is to install omniORBpy on a system which has only omniORB.

perhaps there are other ways of achieving that.

srini

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete the message from your computer without making any copies. Please see http://www.ge.com.au/help/email_privacy_policy.html for information about our privacy practices.