[omniORB] CORBA::Fixed::realMul bug

Mike Mascari mascarm at mascari.com
Thu Mar 3 22:52:20 GMT 2005

Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I have a feeling that you're the only person using fixed point in
>> omniORB...
>

> Not the only one... Well: then there are at least two of us :-)

Make that three! But I don't use it that much beyond transporting
fixed-point values between BigDecimal Java clients and the database
(PostgreSQL.) I was a bit shocked to discover:

1. Sun's CORBA orb for Java didn't bother supporting the fixed-point
type probably due to:

2. A broken Java mapping spec from the OMG.

It makes me wonder just how many people are using the fixed point type
in financial applications that involve Java clients and CORBA middle-ware...

Mike Mascari