[omniORB] Uninitialized memory read errors reported in omniORB

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Mar 3 13:07:48 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 February, Alex Tingle wrote:

> > This is unused padding bytes in GIOP messages. It's not a problem.
>
> Is there some way to initialise these bytes anyway?

Not without changing omniORB. Look at the definition of align_to in
include/omniORB4/omniInternal.h. If you modify that to initialise the
padding it adds, that should catch all the cases. I'd be interested to
see how much performance impact it has.

I'd welcome a patch that adds zero initialisation as a compile time
option...