[omniORB] rendezvouser error

John Chesshir john.chesshir at mainstream-tech.com
Tue Jun 21 11:36:42 BST 2005

    When I run my omniorb program on Red Hat Linux 7.0, it is outputting
to standard error, "omniORB: Cannot create a rendezvouser for this
endpoint: giop:tcp:10.1.1.27:1157"  It doesn't throw an error, but I
think it might as well, because when I try to connect a client app to
it, the client hangs.  When I look at the network, a TCP connection is
established, but it seems like the server can't do anything with it.
    On the other hand, when I run this on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server
1.4 (Red Hat Linux 7.2 2.96-128.7.2) standard error shows no output and
I can connect to the server with my client just fine.
    The only documentation I can find says this has been tested on
"Linux on x86, Alpha, Sparc, IBM zSeries." Is there possibly a
compatibility issue with Red Hat Linux 7.0, or should I look somewhere
else?

Thanks,
John Chesshir