[omniORB] Object URI

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jun 6 18:32:23 BST 2005

On Monday 6 June, kleva wrote:

>  Are there any problems when I try to access to object like:
> corbaloc::127.0.0.1:19740/Some/Corba/Object ?

No.

>  Becouse currently I can access to objects only like:
> corbaloc::127.0.0.1:19740/Obj1
> corbaloc::127.0.0.1:19740/Obj2
> etc...so just one slash and one nape after port number.
> Can It be so, or it is just coincidence, and the problem is hidden
> somewere else?

Whatever comes after the first slash is used as the object key. If the
object key has slashes in it, you put them in the URI.

With omniORB servers, _all_ objects to be accessed with corbaloc URIs
must be activated in the omniINSPOA. You can't use slashes to refer to
objects in child POAs if that's what you're trying to do.