[omniORB] bugs in Win32 dir.mak files

W T Meyer meyer at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 3 10:30:45 BST 2005

There are some minor bugs in two of the dir.mak files for building the
examples on a Win32 machine. They exist in omniORB-4.0.6-win32-vc6.zip, I
don't know about vc7.zip.

The makefiles refer to several library files by older versions, which are
not included in the distribution.  Specifically, I had to make the
following edits by hand to the dir.mak files in the thread and dsi
subdirectories of ...\src\examples:
   omnithread30_rt.lib -> omnithread31_rt.lib
   omniORB404_rt.lib -> omniORB406_rt.lib
   omniDynamic404_rt.lib - omniDynamic406_rt.lib .

Once I made these changes, the examples compiled and linked just fine using
"nmake /f dir.mak".