[omniORB] Global catch statements on Object Implementations

Okeefe, Michael K MOKEEFE at amfam.com
Wed Jan 19 14:49:52 GMT 2005

Perhaps this article by Ciaran McHale of Iona might be of use.

You can download the utility which provides a wrapper class around the
POA API.  Basically you create a class which extends PoaUtility.  Create
your POAs and POA managers in the constructor using the utility methods.
These methods throw a PoaUtilityException with the CORBA exception
details so you can use a single try-catch.

Not sure if it works for omniORB but according to the docs it can be
easily modified.

http://www.iona.com/devcenter/corba/PoaUtility.pdf

He recommends this often on comp.object.corba so check that out if you
have questions.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.object.corba

-Mike