[omniORB] Strange problems sending boolean sequences

Jeffrey Coffman jcoffman98 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 09:48:16 GMT 2005

Single booleans marshal fine, and the problem occurs in a plain boolean sequences.  It appears _CORBA_Sequence_Boolean() was using put_octet_array instead of marshalBoolean().  When I configured for PPC I didn't define HAVE_BOOL.  Where is the proper place to set HAVE_BOOL using the old build system?  The only place i see it is in acconfig.h.in.

 Thanks,

 Jeff

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org> wrote: On Monday 28 November, Jeffrey Coffman wrote:

> I've created a test client and server application based on example 3
> in the OmniORB 4.0 users guide.  I simply call
> echoSimpleTypedValueArray a few times with different boolean values.
> I've built this for both linux x86 platform (using g++ 3.4) and my
> embedded target linux PPC (using g++ 2.95).  When the server is
> running on an x86 machine and the client on another x86 machine the
> program behaves as I expect it to and the values i send are correct.
> However with the server app running on x86 and the client on my
> embedded PPC target, the boolean values are always false, no matter
> what i set them too.

What happens with a call containing just a single boolean?  What about a
plain sequence of booleans not inside a union?

How have you configured omniORB for the PPC platform?  Are you using C++
bool?