[omniORB] ORB running without being started

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Thu Dec 1 14:28:08 GMT 2005

In Message <45D1B79D2DCCF34E966D24728765DDB3049C85 at nhc2ex11.goodrich.root.local> ,
   "Clark, Steven L" <steven.l.clark at goodrich.com> wrote:

=>Upon further investigation it seemed as though I could shut the ORB down
=>on the server before the attempt to contact the servant was made and
=>then the call to the servant would correctly fail. What I don't
=>understand is how the ORB event loop started running in the first place.

   OmniORB manages ORB threads automatically, unlike some ORBs, and
starts things at ORB_init() time. This includes what you might think
of as threads in the "ORB event loop". All orb.run() does is block the
main thread.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies