[omniORB] XML over Corba?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 19:07:14 BST 2005

Hello,

I'm  just  a  poor  Python scripting dilettant, so please bear with my
ignorance...

If, one needs/wants to transport XML over Corba, what are the possible
ways  to  do  it  (especially  in  Python), what would be the relevant
criteria  for  selecting the most reasonable way and what would be the
most reasonable way depending on the type of application?

I could think of the following ways to do it:
- as a "flat" string (requires serialisation and re-parsing)
- as a parsed Python object (bulky?)
- some kind of mapping halfway in between?

I   read  about  a  "DOM/value  mapping"  officially  defined  by  OMG
themselves,  is  this  something that needs to be supported by the ORB
("valuetype")? And how can one use it from Python?

TIA,

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller

--