[omniORB] newbiequestion: unable to finish echo.idl example > no POA_echo skeleton

Peter Vandersteegen peter.vandersteegen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 13:54:44 BST 2005

Hi all,

I'm even unable to follow the beginner example "echo.idl" as described on
http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni40/omniORB/omniORB002.html#toc4
Can anyone see my -beginner- mistake?

My problem is the following:
I work under windows xp with visual c++ .net 2002 (7.0) > I use omniorb
4.0.6 (the vc7.0 version)
I compile the echo.idl with the omniidl compiler
omniidl -bcxx echo.idl

In the echo.hh file I do not find the POA_echo skeleton class. Is this
created by default?
I'm correct to say I need to inherit my servant class from this POA_echo, as
described in the rest of the document (see previous link)?

kind regards

Peter