[omniORB] omniORB4.pc bug?

Darren Frith darrenf at acres.com.au
Thu Sep 30 18:36:26 BST 2004

Hi all,

Just submitting another possible bug report, forgive me if this has been
addressed already.

In our project I was using automake/autoconf as per the following:

Downloaded, build and installed omniORB4.0.4 RPMS on Fedora Core 2.

Add the following to configure.ac:

OMNIORB4_REQUIRED_VERSION=4.0.4
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(OMNIORB, omniORB4 >= $OMNIORB4_REQUIRED_VERSION)

Add the following to Makefile.am:

INCLUDES = \
	-I- \

AM_CXXFLAGS = \
	@OMNIORB_CFLAGS@ \

Add the following to main.cc:

#include <omniORB4/CORBA.h>

Adding -I- to the INCLUDES in Makefile.am stops the usual directories
from being searched (ie /usr/include). This is an added safety feature
to make sure the right header files are included. However, CORBA.h
#includes several files from the same directory, such as
"CORBA_primitive_types.h", "CORBA_String.h". These don't get picked up
as they are in the /usr/include/omniORB4 directory, (which is not searched).

Now, I think the CFlags line in omniORB4.pc file should be modified, ie:

Cflags: -I${includedir}/omniORB4

instead of

Cflags: -I${includedir}

This has been tested and works for PKG_CHECK_MODULES(). There are
several examples of this being done for other packages.

What do I have to to to get this in the next release of omniORB?

Regards,

Darren

--
Darren Frith