[omniORB] high Windows sockets strike again

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Fri Sep 24 14:08:39 BST 2004

Hi,
    this time I have to reply to myself :-(
I apologize for this, but further investigations showed that I was wrong
about pointing to the socket number as the failure reason. This is handled
correctly in fd_set, but what actually fails is getpeername(), while
select() succeeds (it reports one socket ready, e.g. connected).
The value of ERRNO is WSAENOTCONN, despite of what select reported.
I also noticed that redoing the whole connection usually succeeds.
The overall context deals with firing a burst of threads (say 20), each one
attempting to connect to the same target obj (actually hosted by another
process on the same host). It seems that a variable number of them succeeds
(nearly 12).
Thanks,

Renzo