[omniORB] Java Client connect omniORB server through tunnel

Shifeng ZHANG zsfdev at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 04:22:44 BST 2004

Hi,

I have an omniORB CORBA server,S,running inside the
firewall; I want a java client outside the firewall to
call the omniORB server S. I used ssh tunneling to
redirect
1). the naming service: local:2809 to remotehost:2809
2). the omniORB CORBA server S: localhost:10001 to
remotehost:10001, which 10001 is the port of omniORB
CORBA server S in the remote host.

It seemed the naming service contact has no problem (I
use the -ORBInitRef
NameService=corbaname::localhost:2809 to pass the
parameters to orb init function, and the java client
can locate the naming service in the remote host).
However I have no idea to let the java client call the
omniORB CORBA server S in the remote host through ssh
tunneling. I tried to generate an "false" IOR with
locahost ip (127.0.0.1) and port 10001 and gives the
"false" IOR to java client but it does not work.
Can omniORB let the java client outside the firewall
connect the inside server?

Thanks!
shifeng