[omniORB] Allocation of memory for sequence "vars"

Visscher, Bruce VISSCHB at RJRT.com
Tue Sep 21 15:53:39 BST 2004

>    Michi Henning and I hashed this out on comp.object.corba a while
> back:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3D5A0E93.3060108%40ics.forth.gr
>
>    It basically ended with Michi declaring it a problem with the spec
> and opening a defect against the C++ mapping with the OMG. I don't
> know if that ever went anywhere.

Interesting read, but assuming that

{
  T_var t;
}

is conforming code, I'm not sure that an implementation of a T_var that
doesn't initialize its T* in the default constructor is worth worrying
about!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any  attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential,  protected by the attorney-
client or other legal privileges, and/or  proprietary non-public
information.  If you are not an intended  recipient of this message or an
authorized assistant to an intended  recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and  then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution,  or reproduction of this message and/or any of
its attachments (if  any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and
may be unlawful.