[omniORB] Allocation of memory for sequence "vars"

Visscher, Bruce VISSCHB at RJRT.com
Tue Sep 21 15:41:26 BST 2004

> =>If ( CORBA::is_nil(me) )
>
>    Those only work if you are dealing with a CORBA object reference.
> Here we are dealing with a pointer to a sequence, so it won't work.
>
> 					Gary Duzan
> 					BBN Technologies

Of course you are correct.  So, maybe the best once could do would be
to use "if (me.operator->())" in the unlikely event that the compiler is
so old it returns null rather than throws.

I think what got lost in the discussion is that operator new throws an
exception in C++ unless you use an overload declared with "throw()" (which
you would have to go out of your way to do).

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any  attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential,  protected by the attorney-
client or other legal privileges, and/or  proprietary non-public
information.  If you are not an intended  recipient of this message or an
authorized assistant to an intended  recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and  then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution,  or reproduction of this message and/or any of
its attachments (if  any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and
may be unlawful.