[omniORB] Building omniORB 2.7.1 with gcc 3.x

Steve Block sblock at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 21 02:56:21 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm responsible for a large piece of software which makes use of the omniORB
2.7.1 libraries. Currently, the software is built with gcc 2.95, so links to
the libraries supplied with omniORB 2.7.1.

For reasons of external compatibility, I'm in the process of rebuilding our
software with gcc 3.x, so I need to rebuild the omniORB 2.7.1 libraries too.
Does anyone have experience of doing this? I'm fairly sure that unless the
changes required to the omniORB 2.7.1 source code are enormous, this will be
simpler than updating our software to use the latest version of omniORB.

Thanks,
Steve