[omniORB] problem using naming service with bidir transport

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen at trema.com
Fri Sep 17 12:04:59 BST 2004

Hi,

I haven't yet looked in detail what is causing this, but if I had

clientTransportRule = 192.168.1.127/255.255.255.0		bidir,tcp

and omniNames running at 192.168.1.127

In my application I'm getting occasionally, but not systematically:

Caught system exception COMM_FAILURE,
unable to contact the naming service.: Unknown error 1096024071

Looks like by removing the bidir policy from the rule, it never fails.

My app's POA has the bidir policy set.

nameclt never fails, no matter what the rule policy is.   But I
suspect nameclt's  POA does not implement the bidir policy.

Does this ring any  bells for anyone, or should I look further?

Harri

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you received it in error, please let us know and delete the message from your system. This message may be confidential and may fall under the duty of non-disclosure. Any use by others than the intended addressee is prohibited. Trema shall not be liable for any damage related to the electronic transmission of this message, such as failure or delay of its delivery, interception or manipulation by third parties, or transmission of viruses or other malicious code.