[omniORB] Persistence Problem with Corbalocs

joe joe at rtlogic.com
Thu Sep 16 17:33:05 BST 2004

All,

I have a persistent servant (using insPOA) that prints its IOR string
using orb.object_to_string.  The servant behaves persistently if I use
the IOR that is printed by the servant in my client by using an
orb.string_to_object and a _narrow.  I am able to kill the servant
application and bring it back and the client object reference is able to
access the object when the servant comes back.  The client object
reference works until I kill the servant and never comes back when the
servant is restarted if I use a corbaloc in the client.  I printed the
IOR in the client that is obtained from the corbaloc and an
object_to_string and it is different from the IOR that the servant
outputs.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Joe