[omniORB] Configuration change for omniORB on Win32 platforms using debug mode.

Welch, Jay jay.welch at transcore.com
Thu Sep 16 11:59:23 BST 2004

 Hey,
  I am using omniORB4.0.4 on Windows 2000 and XP with Visual Studio .NET 2003. Recently having a need to run my application in debug mode I ran into some strange behavior. Basically the application was returning an win32 Structured Exception about a breakpoint being reached or that an assertion was failing in deldbg.cpp. Search of the net pointed out that I may have incapitable libraries. I checked all my flags and they apearred to be fine. Upon further inspection I noticed in the $(OMNI_ROOT)/mk/platforms/x86_nt_4.0_vs_7.mk the values of the following flags to be
                             MSVC_DLL_CXXDEBUG_FLAGS  = -MD -EHs -RTC1 -GS -GR -ZD -nologo
 I changed this to
                             MSVC_DLL_CXXDEBUG_FLAGS  = -MDd -EHs -RTC1 -GS -GR -ZD -nologo
and rebuilt the ORB and I have no further problems running in debug mode. I also change the corresponding C nodebug DLL flags as well as all the static flags too.

Jay Welch
Transcore
192 Technology Parkway
Suite 500