[omniORB] Omniorb vs. Jacorb interoperability

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Thu Sep 16 12:09:04 BST 2004

Hi all,
    one of our projects deals with interfacing a multithread java client
application with a server process written in C++, using Omniorb 4.03. On the
client side, we have several concurrent threads.
Being tired with protocol errors we got from java Openorb, then we switched
to Jacorb, latest version. It seems working, but the server process debugger
says there is always one active thread at the time, servicing upcalls from
the client (e.g. strong serialization).
We left "maxServerThreadPerConnection" to its default of 100 and on the
other hand, the Jacorb manual states that only one connection is opened to
the same target (unlike Omniorb). It should multiplex concurrent messages
along this connection (not clearly stated, though).
While I guess it shouldn't be an Omniorb problem, I wonder if anybody had
similar troubles with Jacorb.
Thanks,

Renzo Tomaselli