[omniORB] Omni_mutex and static global object

ssredige at rockwellcollins.com ssredige at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Sep 15 08:42:09 BST 2004

>> I ran into errors when making some omniORB API calls from constructors of
my global static objects (on windows).

If you have a global static object, it is instanciated before main()
enters. Therefore, I wouldn't expect omniORB to be setup yet since you
haven't even called orb_init().

>> If the last point is the good one, is someone knows another  way to
instanciate my singleton class without an explicit call to a
Singleton::GetInstance() method !
>>The reason is that I'm providing a library that encapsulate omniORB and
provide another object API that do not have a kind of Initialize methods
that MUST be called first prior of  others calls?
You could just have your API keep an internal initialized flag and for
every method call into it, make sure it is initialized, and if not, call
the GetInstance() method first...

ScottR