FW: [omniORB] Correct values of Persistent and BestEffort

Tötterman Petri Petri.Totterman at novogroup.com
Mon Sep 13 14:45:32 BST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Tötterman Petri
Sent: 20. elokuuta 2004 13:57
To: 'Duncan Grisby'
Subject: RE: [omniORB] Correct values of Persistent and BestEffort

Hello Duncan, glad to hear from you!

I have built versions 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 and both produce the same output. Our
platform is an HP 9000 J 5000 workstation with 2 PA-RISC cpu:s running HP-UX
11.11 :
---

$ uname -a
HP-UX suti6 B.11.11 U 9000/785 2004858807 unlimited-user license $ aCC
--version
aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.52
$ python -V
Python 2.3.3
$ perl --version

This is perl, version 5.005_02 built for PA-RISC1.1

Copyright 1987-1998, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source
kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

---

I have used following settings in the build. Usually, I put these in
$TOP/build/mk/beforeauto.mk.in

CC = /opt/ansic/bin/cc
CFLAGS = -w -Ae +D_HPUX_SOURCE
CXX = /opt/aCC/bin/aCC
CXXFLAGS = +O2 +Onolimt -z +Z -w +inst_v -mt

I've tried to compile with -AA but it fails every time. (Why on earth?) We
are converting from HP's native Standard Library (RogueWave 2.1?) to
STLport-5.0 for performance reasons, but I don't think that would affect the
ORB in any way. Or, does it?

Best regards
Petri Tötterman