[omniORB] makefile for omniORB4

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Wed Sep 8 14:33:08 BST 2004

> Can you guys point out what is wrong?
> SKELETONS=TestSK.hh TestSK.cc
> %SK.cc %SK.hh: %.idl
>  @omniidl -bcxx -Wbh=SK.hh $(addprefix -D,$(DEFINES))
> $<

afaict most lines are commented out, and there is no build rule which
has a specific target. The first rule encountered from the top of the
file is the one which is used if you just type "make".

To start debugging, I'd try typing "make TestSK.cc" and see if the IDL
rule fires. If it doesn't, then you can focus on fixing that. Make sure
that you use a tab in front of the second line of the relevant rule (the
mailer garbled some of the lines so I'm not sure what it actually has
there).

You would also want to ensure that the default rules in make know how to
turn a .cc file into a .o. So the next step might be to type "make
TestSK.o" and ensure that this file gets created.

Then tie it all together with an overall rule having the immediate
prerequisites of "main.out" or whatever you really want to call the
executable and a link line following in the same rule.

hth

                       - Tom