[omniORB] Problem with router, VPN, NAT and omniORB

Dominik Ehret dominikehret at de-signz.de
Fri Sep 3 20:09:30 BST 2004

Hello,

after trying to get my exchange4linux server (seems to be using omniORB)
to work for about two days now, I decided to post to this mailing list
in order to get a hint from you, hopefully.

I'm trying to get this to work:

 My PC <---> Router <---> exchange4linux

The communication with omniORB fails with following error message:

 omniORB: Accepted connection from giop:tcp:217.229.93.169:4279 because
of this rule: "* bidir,unix,tcp,ssl"
 omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from
giopStream.cc:825(0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalArguments)

I set up a PPTP VPN connection My PC <---> exchange4linux Server, but
the same error if I use the VPN IP for connection :(
Setting up an endPoint fails each time, bidirectional seems to make
problems with my router, too.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for every answer.

Sincerely,
  Dominik Ehret

PS: Excuse my bad english please :(