[omniORB] Bug when an object implementation calls itsef from a separate thr ead

Yann.Pochon at ch.delarue.com Yann.Pochon at ch.delarue.com
Thu Sep 2 17:01:22 BST 2004

Hello

I'm migrating a w2k application from omniORB 3.0.4 to omniORB 4.0.4.

With omniORB 3.0.4, an object implementation could call itself
from a separate thread. But it is no longer true with omniORB 4.0.4
if the servant is in a single thread POA.
In this case I get the following traces and my app terminates:

omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
 file: rmutex.cc
 line: 50
 info: me
omniORB: WARNING -- method 'echoString' raised an unknown
 exception (not a legal CORBA exception).
omniORB: throw UNKNOWN from localIdentity.cc:184
(MAYBE,UNKNOWN_UserException)

Is it an omniORB 4 intended behaviour?

Thank in advance for you help.

	Yann Pochon

This message is strictly private and contains confidential information intended only for the use of the person named above. If you have received this e-mail in error and are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, copy or distribute it to anyone else. Please immediately advise the sender and delete this email and all attachments.