[omniORB] Problems with string and double variable.

concat833 at yahoo.com concat833 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 01:45:57 BST 2004

Hello all,
Could anyone help me to solve the following problems?
In idl file, the exception is defined:
module ACI
{
exception ENotAvailable
 {
  string strMessage;
 };
}
In the client application, I did:
try{}
catch(ACI::ENotAvailable& ex)
{
cerr << *ex.strMessage;
}
The strMessage is define with a full message by the server developer, but from the client side, I got only the first character of the strMessage. Is the problem from the server developer of from the client one? Can anyone help me out?

And another problem with double variables.
doubleSeq_var values; // doubleSeq is defined as a sequence of double.
When I get the values, I print it out (cout << values[0];), it's really a double (eg 5.123). But if I put it in a double:
double val = values[0];
cout << val << endl;
In this case, val is not really a double but only the integer part of it. (val = 5). Does anyone know why?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Tran Phuong Nga.