[omniORB] CXX and platform_c++ ???

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Sat Oct 9 07:06:52 BST 2004

> I tried to compile Omniorb 4.0.4 on a Suse 9.1 Prof. Box.
> ../configure CXX=/usr/bin/platform_c++ PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python2.3
> What do i have to enter at the position where ther's wrtitten "CXX"
> What do i have to enter instead of "platform_c++"

I'm not familiar with your distro, but would guess that you do not need
to do anything about CXX or PYTHON since configure will find them for
you automatically.

If you do want to specify them explicitly, then do so just as indicated;
find where your compiler executable is located and use the path to that
application, and the same for the python application.

I would *guess* that for your SuSE box the path to g++ is /usr/bin/g++
and the path to python is something like /usr/bin/python2.3. So your
configure line could be either

   ./configure

or

   ./configure CXX=/usr/bin/g++ PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.3

Note that the autoconf documents recommend setting CXX as an environment
variable before running ./configure. So that would look like

   export CXX=/usr/bin/g++
   ./configure

hth

                        - Tom