[omniORB] omniEvents 2.6.0 (All new stable release)

renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com
Fri Oct 8 14:19:20 BST 2004

Janet

We had done quite a bit of testing of omniEvents vs. some commercial JMS
solutions and found omniEvents to be far superior.  At that point, we
started working with Alex (since early this year) on adding a lot of the
'enterprise' class features of omniEvents.  We absolutely rely on
federation, performance, etc.... Currently, one of our flagship products
uses omniEvents extensively for a call-center solution.  This solution has
a service level of 99.999% availability and we've been able to meet that,
along with the intensive performance objectives.

In the production environment, we're using omniEvents running at about
50-74 msgs per second (which isn't that big by todays large systems). This
system has been running reliably since mid August ... it draws < 5% CPU on
a Sun V480 w/ 2 x 1.2 GHz CPU's.

I hope this helped.

Renny Koshy
President & CEO