[omniORB] Missing POA class if an interface is defined within module. MSVC 6, Win2k.

Alexander Georgiev alexander.georgiev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:00:55 BST 2004

Hi,
perhaps it is a FAQ.

if I have a Hello.idl with the folloing contents:
	interface Hello
	{
		string sayHello(in string argument);
		oneway void shutdown();
	};

compile it to c++:

$/cygdrive/d/work.d/corba/omniORB-4.0.4/bin/x86_win32/omniidl.exe -T
-bcxx -Wbh=.hpp -Wbs=.cpp Hello.idl

There is a POA_Hello class defined in Hello.hpp:

$ grep POA Hello.hpp
class POA_Hello :
  virtual ~POA_Hello();

Using inheritance from POA_Hello, I can implement a servant.

But, if I define interface Hello within a module:

module hallo
{
	interface Hello
	{
		string sayHello(in string argument);
		oneway void shutdown();
	};
};

then compile it:

$/cygdrive/d/work.d/corba/omniORB-4.0.4/bin/x86_win32/omniidl.exe -T
-bcxx -Wbh=.hpp -Wbs=.cpp Hello.idl

and search for a POA_Hello class:

$ grep POA Hello.hpp
_CORBA_MODULE POA_hallo

There is no POA_Hello class defined. Is this a bug or I am not doing
something right?