[omniORB] Abort in obj._narrow(CosNaming.NamingContext) using TAO Naming Service with OmniORBPy

Jose Carlos Lopez jlopez at iac.es
Wed Oct 6 13:32:01 BST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with the current TAO Naming Service version  and the
access from a python client from Solaris 2.9/2.8. I have compiled
OMNIORB 4.0.4 and OMNIPY for Solaris 2.9 with GCC 3.4.2.

The problem comes when I try to access TAO Name Service(executing on
Solaris 2.8) from a python client that is running on Solaris 2.8.  If
I use the  OmniORB naming service I have no problem. Neither If  I
execute the python client on the PC.

The problem is caused by the following operation:   rootContext =
obj._narrow(CosNaming.NamingContext)
and the result is  the abortion of the python client.

Someone has an idea about what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Carlos.