[omniORB] OpenORB (java) client with omniORB server using SSL transport - s uccess

Burton, Craig CBurton at verisign.com
Wed Nov 24 14:40:01 GMT 2004

Just wanted to post a followup - we were successful in getting an OpenORB client to transact with an omniORB server using SSL transport.  The root cause for the problem (after dealing with certificates, keys and the diverse formats for these artifacts) was the "supports" and "requires" feature configurations related to the SSL tag in the IOR.

omniORB currently hard-codes this feature set, and OpenORB was needing more than we were providing.  It would then eliminate ssl as a transport option and use tcp.  OpenORB was easily modified to be less sensitive and select ssl transport over tcp.

If there's sufficient interest, I'll post more information.

Craig