[omniORB] Default Servants in omniORBpy?

Stephen Hansen shansen at advpubtech.com
Wed May 26 13:50:10 BST 2004

Hello all.

Is it possible to use Default Servants in servers written with
omniORBpy?

The reason I ask is because the documentation I have (Henning&Vinoski)
relies on PortableServer::Current to implement the functionality, and
the documentation says its not implemented... that, and trying to set a
USE_DEFAULT_SERVANT policy throws a InvalidPolicy exception.

One particular type of object that my server will be exposing is
basically a very lightweight wrapper around a database table-- and I
don't want to have hundreds (or thousands) of objects floating around,
I'd like just one using the default servant functionality. I hope :)

Thanks.

--Stephen