[omniORB] How do you make a client-only application?

Mark Zimmerman markzimm at frii.com
Fri May 14 10:03:19 BST 2004

Greetings:

I have a small program that does nothing but post a single message to
the omniNotify notification channel and exit. It works fine with a
default configuration but I am trying to understand why it insists on
creating and serving incoming endpoints. Unless I misunderstand the
meaning of an incoming endpoint, it seems to me that it doesn't need
one.

However, when I include 'endPointNoListen = giop:tcp::' in the
configuration, it fails:

omniORB: Initialising incoming endpoints.
omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description: giop:tcp::
omniORB: throw INITIALIZE from objectAdapter.cc:245 (NO,INITIALIZE_TransportError)

What am I missing, or misunderstanding?

-- Mark