[omniORB] Not initialized static member CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId

Torsten Osmers osmers.t at atlas.de
Fri May 7 12:13:02 BST 2004

I've to port omniORB to borland builder 6. Because the configure script
doesn't work, I created a special make file for the borland tools. For
the CORBA defines I used CORBA_sysdep_trad.h.

Now I've the problem example eg2 doesn't work (eg1 does). It has an
unmarshalling problem and crashes with a memory exception. I figured out
that (at least) the static member constant CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId
isn't initialized with the string "IDL:omg.org/CORBA/Object:1.0" as
defined in corbaObject.cc. It is simply 0. May be something is wrong
with the import out of the DLL. Currently I've no ideas what I could do.
Please, can you give me a hint?

***Torsten